The spotlight of any wedding will be on the bride, of course. But another woman that all people will be looking at is her mother, more aptly titled the mother of the bride. Dressing up the mother of the bride is also no easy task. But there are many styles to choose from so choosing one that will be perfect for her will be a doable task.
There are not set rules when it comes to the mother of the bride dresses. But here are seven tips that can help these special women stand out from the crowd.
1. Set a budget and stick to it.
2. Start looking for dresses months away from the big day. The more time you have, the higher are the chances that you will find the perfect dress for you.
3. Choose a style that will work best in your figure and body type. Of course, you have to make it age-appropriate. Nobody would want to see a middle-aged woman dressing up like a teenager. You can opt for a sexier dress, just don't overdo it.
4. Broaden your horizon. Don't just limit your search to bridal shops and department stores. There are lots of online shops where you can also find dresses. Online shopping can also enable you to have access to more choices.
5. Choose the right colour for you. Take into consideration your skin tone and think of colours which will best complement it. Also, you would want to check out what the bride and bridesmaids are wearing so the colours won't clash when you're standing next to each other.
6. Before you purchase the dress, make sure the bride will have a stamp of approval on it. After all, it is her day and she should be able to voice out and give the final decision about everything.
7. Be comfortable in your own skin. This is probably the best tip that anyone can give you. Remember that you should be wearing the clothes and not the other way around. If you like what you are wearing and you are comfortable in your own skin, you will be more beautiful and confident. This will definitely make you stand out in the crowd.